Monday 30 May 2005

Start work

Today I started work with the Bank of New Zealand. I was really pleased with the office. From where I was working the last 3 years, this is God sent! First thing I was aksed to read and sign was the bank's health and safety policy. They made sure I understood that staring at the computer too long was bad! I was given specific instructions to take a break every 30 minutes or so and they even gave me a external keyboard and monitor to use when I was at my desk.

Next, the pantry threw me off! They have the works! Fruits, biscuits, snacks, nuts, energy bars, you name it! All well stocked! Coffee bar, tea, milk, chocolate and beat this even wine! Daily there is soup stocked for breaks! If this was back home no one would go out for lunch and whatever stocked in the morning would dissapear in 20 minutes or even less!

The Bank takes its "work life balance" pretty seriously. No one is expected to be in the office after 6pm and on weekends unless there is critical work to be done.

This is going to be real difficult to get used to....

No comments: